Examinations Officer and Senior Administrator
37 hours term time plus 12 days holiday work
Grade C or D dependant on experience (£15,829 – £20,209, actual salary)
Main Purpose of Job:
To organise and provide accurate administrative support in connection with all internal and external examinations and Key Stage data entries. To line manage the admin team and oversee school administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for processing entries to examination boards, ensuring all the necessary related information is provided. To ensure examination entries are submitted in accordance with the timescales provided by the examination boards. To chase outstanding information where necessary.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of syllabuses. To be familiar with the different syllabi, tests, modules and coursework requirements and ensure teachers are made aware of the examination and testing requirements as specified by the examination boards.
- To liaise with teaching staff and to be responsible for ensuring students are correctly registered at the appropriate times with regard to forthcoming examinations.
- To supervise and manage Invigilators working within the area of examinations administration. To be responsible for ensuring such staff are fully aware of the recognised regulations, processes and timescales set by the examinations board with regard to administration and co-ordination of examinations.
- To organise the timetable and invigilation programme for examinations, including liaison with external invigilators and correspondence with examination boards. To ensure all regulations regarding invigilation are adhered to.
- To brief invigilators prior to examinations and ensure invigilators remain fully aware of and adhere to the rules and regulations associated with the examinations as set by the examinations boards.
- To prepare and provide information relating to examination timetables and arrangements for heads of departments, invigilating staff and for dissemination to students.
- To be responsible for the organisation and security of examination papers.
- To be responsible for the preparation and organisation of examination rooms, including arranging seating plans.
- To maintain all manual and computerised administration systems relating to examinations data.
- To be responsible for the production of statistical returns in respect of examination results and data.
- To liaise and correspond with external examination bodies as appropriate. To disseminate information from examination boards to Heads of Faculty.
- To process and distribute examination results.
- To organise certificates in a suitable format for presentation days/evenings.
- To be responsible for the collection, collation and distribution of key stage data and data reporting for each year group. This may include using packages such as 4 Matrix, SIMS and SISRA.
- To manage all appeals and special pleadings processes, through negotiation with examination boards. To liaise with teaching staff and students with regard to appeals and special pleadings.
- To manage the examinations budget, including ensuring appropriate spending of such funds, maintaining up-to-date financial records in respect of the examinations budget and providing financial information to the Principal, school management team and Governors as required.
- To negotiate with examination bodies on behalf of the school with respect to formal examinations processes, times of exams, paper delivery dates and any necessary variations to the instructions provided by the examinations boards.
- To ensure the school’s compliance with all examination boards’ instructions and to meet the standards required by the moderation and assessment bodies.
- To prepare for and be the contact for the school’s external moderation and assessment with regard to examinations.
- To manage key admin tasks for the Academy, including admissions, school transport and communication with parents. To create student timetables from the main school timetable and to produce all paper copies for the students and staff, to update student timetables on a regular basis, to be responsible for the collection. Collation and distribution of key stage data, including distribution of interim report data for each year group and feeding information into Capita SIMS and 4 Matrix software.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the department.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
- To be first aid trained and to cover the Academy first aid requirements as necessary.
- Line manager for administration and Invigilators.
|Minimum of 3 years experience of working with children and young people.||Experience of administrative work in a school/college environment.
Experience of school data & information systems.
|Application Form / Interview|
|Education and Training
|Attainment of ‘A’ level qualifications or equivalent (as an alternative to qualifications, be able to demonstrate equivalent skills through work experience).
Attainment of GCSE’s in Maths and English
|Attainment of level 3 qualifications or equivalent (eg: A levels, AVCE)||Application Form|
|Special Knowledge and Skills
|Good typing and word processing skills.
Good oral and written skills.
Good organisational skills.
Good communication skills.
Knowledge of examination administration, processes and regulations.
|Knowledge of electronic display and presentation formats.
|Application form / interview
Excel / Word processing test.
|Any additional factors
|Professional, tactful & sensitive.
Discreet and confidential.
Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
Enjoys working with young people.
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form at the top of this page.
CV’s will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to close this advert and interview and appoint earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a good response to the advert, so early applications are warmly invited.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 22nd September, 2020, 9am
Interview Date: TBC
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.
Interested in joining us?
Interested in joining us but don’t see the vacancy that is quite right for you? Please download and complete the application form with your details, and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know the roles that interest you and we can email you if we have future opportunities.