Exam Access Arrangements
‘Access arrangements’ refer to the additional support students may be entitled to when sitting public examinations. They are intended to enable learners with additional educational needs to access exams without affecting the demands of the assessment. Access arrangements include things such as:
- additional time to complete the exam,
- the support of a teacher to read questions,
- the use of electronic reading software,
- the support of a teacher to scribe a student’s answer,
- the use of a computer to write answers.
Access arrangements are strictly controlled and monitored by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ). Each year JCQ produce regulations that schools are required to follow when awarding access arrangements to any pupil. INspectors from JCQ visit the academy each year to ensure that the regulations have been correctly adhered to. The regulations for 2021 can be found at https://www.jcq.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/AA-regs-2020-2021-version-for-website.pdf